Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in LiepajaCategory: 360° panoramas, Virtual tours
The church was built for the German Lutheran parish needs; its foundation stone was laid in 1742. Sixteen years later, on December 5, 1758 the church was solemnly consecrated, even though the construction of the 55-metres high tower took another 108 years.
The church is famous for its magnificent organ built by Henrich Andreas Concius, one of the best organ-builders in Europe of those times. In 1779 he has presented the 38-spots organ to the church organist. It has remained the biggest mechanical organ in the world until 1912.